Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Review- Covergirl Natureluxe Collection

Is it really worth all the hype? Here's the breakdown of Covergirl's newest Natureluxe collection, piece-by-piece.

FOUNDATION
It is an extremely lightweight and silky foundation that has light coverage. I would really like to see the range of shades expanded, but because the coverage is so light it doesn't matter as much that they don't have the perfect color match for everybody. I tend to think of this foundation as a substitute for a tinted moisturizer on days that I need a little more coverage but still want the lightweight feel.

I felt as if my skin could breathe a lot better than if I were wearing a regular foundation, and it dried to a light, almost powder-like finish. I think this is good for all skin types, but if you are oily/combination you're going to have to touch up at some point during the day because the coverage is so light.

-How much do I get? 1 fl oz
-How much does it cost? $9.99
-What type of coverage does it have? Light
-What is the color range? Not exceptional, but passable



GLOSSBALM
Let me start off by saying this glossbalm has very little color payoff. The color you see in the packaging is not the color that your lips will be after using it. That being said, I think that this is an excellent product that delivers a sheer wash of color and moisturization in a tiny package. This is an excellent alternative to wearing chapstick, and doesn't feel like you have anything on your lips at all. Great for die-hard chapstick fans trying to branch out into the world of lip color. It has a slight shimmer to it and a light sheen is visible on the lips instead of a full-on gloss.


I think this is a beautiful and natural alternative to heavy lip color in the summer and would be great for women of all ages. The colors are very sheer so selecting one to fit your skin tone really isn't an issue. Any woman can wear any of the colors, which is wonderful!


MASCARA


This mascara is a little different than most drugstore brands because it is a mousse formula. Like everything else in the collection, it is lightweight and natural looking, which is great for summer wear and tear but generally imperceptible in photographs. They make a regular and a waterproof formula, and I have tried them both. The waterproof formula is a smidge drier than the regular, which I actually prefer, but if you are a type of person who likes a lot of time to apply their mascara and form their lashes just the way they want before they dry, don't get the waterproof. It will be too dry to do that and end up clumping and flaking all over the place.


I was a little disappointed in the applicator, it had a small, oval shaped brush with rubber bristles that were spaced relatively close to one another. I'm really not a huge fan of brushes with rubber bristles, so that's probably why I got turned off by it, but I must say it did give a nice, clean definition as opposed to a regular brush wand.



-How much do I get? 0.37 fl oz
-How much does it cost? $7.99
-What colors does it come in? Black and Brown
-What type of formula is it? Regular and Water Resistant
-What type of wand does it come with? Standard brush of average size with rubber bristles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment.

xo Abbey