Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I think I've found my HG Red Lipstick! (Chanel Rouge Allure in Pirate)

As any beauty blogger knows, finding the perfect red lipstick is an arduous task. Red is a tricky color to wear, but the results can be absolutely breathtaking. I can't tell you how many different shades of red I've bought along the way to this discovery. Last month, I bought my very first Chanel lipstick, in the new Rouge Allure line. It is called Pirate, and is simply perfect.

I applied it straight out of the tube, and didn't use a lip liner. I did exfoliate my lips beforehand, so that may have helped the smooth application, but honestly I think the formula is the true star here. It is creamy and wearable, and very comfortable on the lips. It lasted a few hours and left a pretty stain behind, so really this is a multitasking product.

What do you guys think of it?? I'm enchanted.



26 comments:

  1. it's perfect! I love wearing red-lipstick...but i feel like it always looks weird on me

    -liv

    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally loving the lip color!! I have a Chicnova Jewelry giveaway for 3 lucky winners starting 9 Jan..wld love it if you drop by!
    www.fashionistaera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely will! Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so nice! :)

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks such a lovely colour. Especially against your skin tone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I'm not brave enough to wear red lipstick yet though :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I think it's a good fit :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not as scary as it seems. Anyone can do it! Half the battle is finding the right shade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and very wearable! Glad you've found 'The One'! x

    www.emilyhasdimples.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a really pretty red! I've never tried Chanel lipsticks but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colour! :)


    Loves,
    RuiJun
    http://www.fuckhighclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning, looks so precise even without lip liner! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know, it's crazy! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are absolutely amazing. I always thought they were overpriced but once I tried one I was hooked. The formula is like nothing I've ever experienced before. Is this Christine from The Little Red Bow?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! I'm glad you stopped by, I just subscribed to your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Phew! It took so long, but I'm glad I didn't settle :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linh from blushology.netJanuary 13, 2013 at 8:42 PM

    It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! It looks stunning, thank you for the post!

    Xoxo

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment.

xo Abbey