Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Old Women, Old Makeup

I have seen so many heinous makeup jobs this entire holiday season. Mostly on old women who are still doing their makeup the same way they have been for twenty years. Except now it's not working so hot and the colors are much too harsh. 80's blue eyeshadow shouldn't be worn by ANYONE, I don't care how old you are.

Anyway, in light of the botched faces I've seen wandering around me (mostly in the drugstore where I work), I tried to give my mother some tips for updating her already sparse routine. Here are a few of them:

-Straighter brows will help a face look younger. Arched brows add a few years.
-Apply blush to the sides of the face, not the front, to avoid looking like a clown.
-Stick to lighter, matte eyeshadow shades to bring life back to hooded eyes. Darker ones will only enhance the aged skin.
-The perfect lip color will inevitably be one to two shades darker than your natural lips. Don't swipe it on, gently blot it onto the lips and blend with your fingertips for a more natural appearance.

And on second thought, all of these tips apply to younger women as well. So women of the world, take heed! I'm sick of seeing terrible paint jobs walking around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment.

xo Abbey