Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Review- Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara


Okay, so I've been using this mascara a few days now and I'm finally ready to do a full review.  When I saw the ads for this ultra waterproof mascara, I was a little skeptical. Most "waterproof" mascaras are really only water resistant and with enough liquid prodding slough off lashes pretty easily. Not this one. It's sweat-proof, surf-proof, pool-proof, and basically bulletproof. I normally use Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover, but even that didn't get all of this baby off. I had to pull out the big guns and use my oil-based Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes, and Lips.

Very rarely have I come across a mascara that lives up to its claims. Bravo, Urban Decay! What a fabulous formula.

Now on to what I didn't like: the brush. How on earth could they have such a wonderful and blessed formula and stick just any old brush on it?! It is your standard mascara wand with nothing else to say. It didn't really do anything special for thickening or lengthening. All the brush did was place the product onto my lashes, which would be just fine if I were a 12 year old girl putting on makeup to go to the movies. I would have preferred to see an oversized brush with extra bristles and a tapered point to make applying product to the inner and outer corners easier.

I suppose if you were using this mascara for exactly what they advertise it (as a product one might wear to the gym or the beach) then you wouldn't be entirely too concerned with fattening up your lashes and lengthening them to the point of no return. But for the vast majority of beauty junkies that purchase Urban Decay, we're just looking for an extremely long-wearing mascara that won't smudge or transfer on those hot and steamy nights.

Onto the must-knows for this product:

-How much do I get? 0.37 fl oz
-How much does it cost? $20
-What colors does it come in? Only black
-What type of formula is it? Ultra-waterproof (neither volumizing nor lengthening)
-What type of wand does it come with? Standard brush of average size

Overall, I think this product has a fabulous formula with a less than par wand. I will continue to use it in those specific afore-mentioned situations, but for times when all out glamour is required, I will have to hunt for something else. Perhaps I can put a coat or two of this mascara on top of another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment.

xo Abbey